Discover the wonders of the desert at the southern end of Death Valley!
Natural hot springs located in a relaxed desert environment. These are gender-segregated, no-clothing-mandatory, indoor hot pools for soaking that are open 24 hours. Tecopa Hot Springs Resort is a desert oasis that offers a variety of activities and amenities. Restaurants, live music, entertainment, hiking, off road adventures and many nearby attractions and interaction with some of the nicest people in the Mojave Desert. Large campground with 30 AMP RV hookup sites. Tents share sites with electricity, includes restrooms, showers, and unlimited entry into the hot springs. Tent sites are located on level gravel area among the RV's. We have the community center reserved for evening activities.
Schedule Of Events
Sat Dec 28
- 12:00 pm Check in, set up camp
- 12:00 pm Pool time all afternoon
- 5:00 pm Meet and greet tea, BYOB and appetizer to share
- 6:00 pm Dinner on your own or group at restaurant
- 7:30 pm Group campfire and/or pool time
Sun Dec 29
- 9:30 am Hike* or road trip adventure*
- 5:30 pm Potluck. Dish for 4 to 6 persons*
- 7:00 pm Group campfire and/or pool time
Mon Dec 30
- 9:30 am Hike or road trip adventure*
- 5:30 pm Tecopa Community Building Program* and Dining adventure
- 6:00 Social and appetizers
- 6:30 Dinner - Bring something to grill on the charcoal grill and a side dish to share.
- Tue Dec 31 NEW YEARS EVE
- 9:30 am Exploration adventure*
- 5:30 pm Community Building
- 6:00 pm Tea time and gather for dinner. Bring something to grill on the charcoal grill and a side dish to share.
Wed Jan 1, 2020 HAPPY NEW YEAR!
9:30 am Check white board for activity planned
Thur Jan 2
* Check white board for hike/outings updates
Registration includes admission to hot pools.
Registration is available to Great Outdoors members only. You may join and purchase a membership - Click Here For Membership - which will allow you to register.
Amenities: Free Wi-Fi at the local community center library. No cell service. Bring drinking water (local water is not potable). RV dump station. Nearby restaurants. Market at Shoshone (8 miles). Pahrump,NV is 36 miles.
What to Bring:WATER,the local water is not for drinking, Ten Essentials, camp chair, electric heater/blanket for your tent,cash, camping/cooking gear, food, warm/cool weather clothing, potluck item, heavy duty tent stakes in case of wind, extension cord, electric blanket or heater, firewood/and or propane fire-pit and extra propane tank.
Bring something to grill on the charcoal grill
You may also consider bringing or renting a 4x4 off road vehicle. We will explore nearby trails with 4x4 vehicles. Drivers may have passenger space available.
Directions: Campground Location map
Located about 50 miles north of Baker CA via Hwy 127.
Climate: Hist. Avg.: 60° /35° Be prepared for cold nights. Tents can plug in electric heaters/blankets.30 AMP adapter for 120 outlet may be needed. See your RV neighbor for adapters. Check weather forecast and plan accordingly.
- New hike into obscure volcanic canyon near Dante's View Death Valley
- Amargosa River Canyon Hike The Amargosa River
- Shoshone Museum and historic walking tour
- Dublin Gulch caves and Cemetery
- Old Miner's Caves at Dublin Gulch in Shoshone.
- Shoshone Wetlands Hiking Trail
- Hike Tecopa hills loop or Tecopa Peak
- Hikes in southern end of Death Valley
- Saratoga Springs death Valley
- China Date Ranch
- China Ranch Water Fall and Slot Canyon
- Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
- Dumont Dunes
- Salt Creek Hills nature trail
- Saratoga Springs and Ibex Dunes
- Death Valley hikes- Jubilee Pass
- 4x4 Backcounty roads to old mine sites and points of interest.
Refunds: Cancellation for a refund due by 12/21/2019.
Contact: Scott Connelly Click Here
Photos from previous trips: Click Here
Pets: Are welcomed on a leash.
Health Problems/allergies:It is the responsibility of participants to carry on their person a record of significant allergies, medications and medical history in the event of a medical emergency. Discuss any medical concerns with the hike leader if you wish.